This blog has been up for only a week now and I haven’t had time to update it until now.
I have been trying to get two different machines to work on my program with. One is my laptop, with Windows 7, and the other is a desktop Windows XP. My programming has been great so far on my laptop, but on the desktop things arent looking as good. This whole week I have been spending about 45 minutes a day downloading files and changing things so it will work. The good news is that I finally got it to work today, after moving and copying several files into the folders that they needed to be in. The bad news is that after running the program for about 5 minutes, it froze and then the graphics card crashed and popped up with a window that said it needed to reboot. So much for that, I will have to see what I can do with that next week.
As far as PolySphere is concerned, this is what I have accomplished:
- Made the first terrain level for it, which includes:
- Loading it in C++
I didn’t get as much done this week due to the computer issue, but hopefully by next week I will be able to work on that more and get started on the title screen. I am planning to include a normal and debug mode in all the builds that I make from now on until the final release, the main difference will be the debug mode will include things on the screen like a frame count and the camera will be able to fly around the world.
I have talked to several people this week and I think I have found some people who may be interested in helping out with creating 3D objects. I have a few people that I want to talk to about sound, but haven’t had a chance yet. I also haven’t had anyone that has submitted that the want to be a Game Tester, but that is not a big concern for me right at this point.