Hey Everyone! Its time for another Friday Report!
Over the past two weeks, I have gotten a decent amount of work completed. Two weeks ago I did most of the programming and this past week I have focused mainly on the presentation. I am now up to 238 lines of code in my program.
Here is the list of major updates:
- Added a Debug Menu, allowing the user to choose between Normal Mode and Debug Mode
- Divided the program into two main modes:
- Normal Mode – The main mode that the program started in two weeks ago
- Debug Mode – A temporary mode that will allow me to fly around the worlds and check for any errors in loading the graphics
- Added a Pause Menu, even though it is useless at this point it gives me a place to add more code later
- Reorganized program into several functions:
- Debug Menu (Will be replaced with fancier menu in coming weeks)
- World Generation (Generates the first level of the game)
- Normal Mode (Main mode of the game)
- Debug Mode (Temporary mode which allows me to explore worlds and search for errors)
- Pause Menu (Right now this only writes two lines of code on the screen and freezes the program)
- Made a presentation about my progress I will be presenting next week
As you have read, you will see the past few weeks have been very productive for me. I have also set a few development goals that I hope to have completed by January of 2013. Those include:
Short Term Goals:
- Complete Working Main Menu Interface
- Incldues Start, Options, and Exit commands the user can click
- Complete plan of levels and character design
- Design level files, so they are ready to load in program
- More Graphic Goals:
- Tutorial/First World Design Completed
- 3D Object Generation
- More physics/ limits
- Expand options in the Pause Menu and make it look better
Long Term Goal:
I am going to try to get as many of those completed as I possibly can. If I can stay on track with that and get all of that done, I can focus the following months on Enemies and artifical intelligence and be able to make the game a lot more interesting. This way a Beta mode of the game will hopefully be possible by March or April.
I should be able to get all that accomplished and more on time as long as things continue to go as smooth as they did this past week. However, this is just a rough plan so none of this is really set in stone.