I made decent progress this week, however most of what I got done is research and less code then in past weeks.
Updates from the past week:
- Received great feedback from several people on my progress and game ideas.
- Completed In-Game Display and tracking of HP, Score, and Current Item
- Changed several controls, including all debug stats, which are hidden unless Q key is pressed
- Added High Scores and Help and Controls in Options Menu (Currently Dont Work However)
- Added more names to credits
- Found out how to add video playback to my game (only issue is it opens in a separate window)
- Fixed issue with main menu mouse delay
What I Plan on working on next week:
- Saving Data files created using arrays, then implementing them to be used in saving the players stats and high scores
- Also like to add GUI to Options Menu(s)
- If that gets done, my next steps will will be rendering enemies and finishing the tutorial level